At the Presence St. Mary’s Hospital Cancer Center, you will receive the nation’s highest standard of care, right here in Kankakee.
Presence St. Mary’s is the only hospital in the South Suburban region to win the Outstanding Achievement Award from the Commission of Cancer, an accreditation awarded to only 74 hospitals in the nation. We do whatever it takes to give you the greatest number of cancer treatment options in a comfortable and compassionate environment.
Why Choose our Cancer Care?
We offer comprehensive care for every stage of the journey under one roof. You don’t have to choose between high-tech treatment and personalized care – we give you both. Program highlights include:
- Leading-edge technology: We offer the very latest cancer care technology, including an on-site linear accelerator, 5-day HDR therapy, PET CT scans, interventional radiology and chemoembolization, among many other services.
- Better-qualified nurses: We’re proud of our nurses, who go through additional training and testing to become oncology-certified. They have many years of experience providing excellent care to cancer patients.
- On-site clinical trials: Through our robust clinical trials program, you have access to the foremost science in cancer research, without having to go downtown. We currently offer 30 on-site trials for cancer treatment.
- Shorter wait times: We know your time is precious, so you’ll never wait more than 10 minutes beyond your appointment time. You’ll also get your test results within 24 to 48 hours, and will always be able to see a doctor within 48 hours.
- Team-driven care: Our team of oncologists, surgeons, radiologists, nutritionists, physical therapists, social workers and cancer navigators meets every week to discuss your care and make sure we explore every avenue for your treatment.
- Dedicated support: From the moment breast cancer is suspected, you’ll meet your dedicated navigator who will guide you through your journey, from diagnosis to recovery, and connect you to a wide range of cancer support services.
- Pain specialists: We have the area’s most extensive at-home palliative care program for cancer, which can help you lessen or prevent the side effects of treatment from the comfort of your home.
- Commitment to comfort and privacy: Our family-oriented infusion center provides private chemotherapy bays and TVs.
Comprehensive Cancer Services
Our top-shelf services for cancer screening, treatment and recovery involve some of the most advanced technologies and features available today. Just a few examples include:
- Advanced cancer diagnosis: We do all of our imaging on-site, including digital mammograms, PET CT scans, MRIs, ultrasounds. We also perform the latest, minimally invasive biopsy procedures including stereotactic breast biopsies, MRI-guided biopsies, lymph node biopsies and many others.
- Breast cancer services: Includes female physicians, a breast nurse navigator, our breast health center, specialized breast imaging, minimally invasive biopsies and free beauty services through our Look Good Feel Better program.
- Lung cancer services: Includes low-dose CT lung screenings at an affordable cost.
- Colon cancer services: Includes pro-active community screenings and nutritional consultations from certified dieticians.
- Prostate cancer services: Includes all avenues of treatment and a specialty in brachytherapy and seed implantation.
- Cancer support services: We reach out to you and your loved ones with the support you need, including transportation assistance, support groups, home care, a cancer resource library and pastoral care services.
- Rehabilitation & survivorship: Includes the area’s most comprehensive lymphedema therapy program, full physical therapy services and seamless transfers to home care and top-quality Presence Life Connections rehabilitation centers. Our patients receive individualized survivorship care plans at the completion of treatment.
Take Charge of Your Health—See a Cancer Specialist Today
The Walter & Gretchen Charlton Medical Center at Presence St. Mary’s Hospital is conveniently located at:
100 Provena Way/Rt. 45
Bourbonnais, IL 60914
For more information, or to make your appointment with a skilled Presence Health oncologist, call 877.737.4636.
2015 Cancer Center Annual Report