Compassionate, quality care begins with Presence Health’s internal medicine doctors. As internists, we help prevent, diagnose and treat a full range of medical concerns for adults 18 and older, from the common to the most complex. We treat the whole you—physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually—while working closely with specialists as needed to ensure you receive the best and most complete care available.
Expert Care for Every Adult
Wherever you are in your adult life, the internists of Presence Health are here to promote your everyday health:
- Women’s Health: We understand what it takes to keep women well. Our specialized services include well-woman visits, pelvic and breast exams, counseling for hormonal and menopausal issues, Pap smears, routine gynecological care and healthy support for your busy life.
- Men’s Health: We provide the full spectrum of men’s health care, including the prevention and treatment of diabetes, high-blood pressure and cholesterol disorders, as well as fitness and dietary counseling, annual physicals, prostate care, testosterone replacement and more.
- Senior Health: We all age differently, and as we get older, our bodies require extra attention. We work closely with you to assess your medical needs and keep you healthy and active. Our geriatricians provide physical exams, nutrition and wellness counseling, vaccinations, cholesterol checks and treatment for chronic conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, obesity, arthritis and asthma.
Our complete range of internal medicine services includes:
- Screening for heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes and cholesterol
- Immunizations for flu, allergies and other seasonal issues
- Weight and nutrition counseling
- Advice regarding tobacco, alcohol and drug use, stress management and accident prevention
- Back and abdominal pain
- Eye, ear and sinus infections
- Skin and nail infections
- Sports-related injuries
- Urinary tract infections
- Alzheimer's disease
- Bone and joint disorders, including arthritis, tendonitis and osteoporosis
- Chronic bronchitis
- Depression, anxiety and stress-related disorders
- Elevated cholesterol/triglycerides
- Heartburn/Gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Heart disease, including congestive heart failure
- High-blood pressure and hypertension
- Skin care, from acne to eczema
- Sleep disorders
- Gastrointestinal disorders, such as irritable bowel syndrome
- Prostate disorders
- Thyroid disorders
- Urinary incontinence
Find a Caring Internist Close to Home
Explore one of our internal medication locations across northern and central Illinois. You can also call 877.737.4636 or use our Find a Doctor tool to the right to find the right physician to meet your needs.