At Presence Health, we know that a colon cancer diagnosis can be distressing. Our compassionate, expert team will work with you every step of the way to help you fight the disease and maintain your quality of life.
When you come to us for care, you get the same technologies, expertise and techniques used by academic medical centers, but in your own backyard. Our team-driven includes many different specialists, working together to offer you the most comprehensive care available with outstanding outcomes.
About Colorectal Cancer
Colon and colorectal cancers are the third most common types of cancer diagnosed in both men and women in the U.S. A tumor usually begins as a non-cancerous polyp on the inner lining of the colon or rectum and develops into cancer over several years.
More than 95 percent of colorectal cancers are a type of cancer known as adenocarcinoma. Regular screening can catch polyps and other signs of colorectal cancer in their early stages, leading lead to better treatment outcomes.
Why Choose Our Colorectal Cancer Care?
- Top-ranked hospitals: Our hospitals consistently rank among the best in the nation by U.S. News & World Reports and have special accreditation and center of excellence designations from the American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer and the American College of Radiology.
- Advanced cancer diagnosis: Includes the full range of colorectal cancer screening and diagnostic tests.
- Advanced technology: Many Presence Health hospitals were the first to bring new procedures for colon cancer to the Greater Chicago communities we serve. These include:
- Linear-accelerator-based radiation therapy: Includes image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT), intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) and stereotactic radiosurgery.
- Brachytherapy: We offer both low-dose and high-dose brachytherapy, or seed implantation radiation therapy.
- Robotic surgery: Our board-certified surgeons undergo specialized training to provide minimally invasive da Vinci® surgery robotic surgery for colon and colorectal cancers—offering less pain, shorter hospital stay and faster recovery.
- Colon cancer clinical trials: We are one of the few systems approved in Illinois to offer Phase One through Phase Four cancer clinical trials. You may be a candidate for innovative colon cancer tests and treatments before they become available to the public.
- Nutrition consultations: Specialized nurses and dieticians will develop a personalized nutrition plan to support your treatment and recovery.
- Ostomy support: Our cancer support services include expert help for managing a colostomy or ileostomy, always with an aim of maintaining your quality of life.
Take Charge of Your Health—See a Colon Cancer Specialist Near You
Presence Health offers comprehensive colon cancer centers throughout Illinois. Explore a convenient location below, or call 877.737.4636 and we’ll point you to the right place:
For your transition out of the hospital and recovery, learn more about the Presence Life Connections nursing and rehabilitation centers and Presence Home Care options near you.