A breast cancer diagnosis is life-altering, but rest assured: the experts at Presence Health are ready to treat—and beat—the disease.
When you come to any of our cancer centers for care, you’ll find the same technologies, expertise and techniques used by academic medical centers, but in your own backyard. Our expert team will work with you every step of the way to find the best and greatest number of treatment options available, all in a comfortable and compassionate environment.
About Breast Cancer
Breast cancer begins when a group of cancer cells forms a malignant tumor that invades surrounding breast tissue or spreads to other areas of the body. According to the American Cancer Society, one in eight women in the U.S. will develop invasive breast cancer during her lifetime.
Many breast lumps turn out to be non-cancerous. However, a malignant lump can mean that the cancer has already spread beyond the breast. Therefore, it is important to get regular cancer screenings, before you find a lump, so that your doctor can catch and treat any concerns before they progress.
Why Choose our Breast Cancer Care?
- Gold-standard accreditation: Our breast care programs hold elite accreditations, reserved for centers that provide the highest standard of breast care. These awards include National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) accreditations and Breast Imaging Center of Excellence designations from The American College of Radiology (ACR).
- Advanced breast cancer diagnosis: Including low- or no-wait mammograms, 3-D mammograms, breast ultrasounds, MRIs, PET/CT scans, Mammotome® biopsies, stereotactic biopsies and MRI-guided biopsies. We can do some tests the same day with only local anesthesia, delivering results within 24 to 48 hours. Learn more about cancer diagnosis at Presence Health.
- Full range of treatments: We offer radiation therapy, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, targeted therapy (new cancer drugs) and bone-directed therapy. Our expert surgeons perform lumpectomies and other breast-conserving surgeries, as well as mastectomies, lymph node surgeries and breast reconstructions.
- Shorter wait times: Don’t wait weeks to get a mammogram. Most of our breast cancer centers offer same-week mammograms and some even offer same-day, walk-in screenings with no appointment required.
- Faster results: You’ll receive your biopsy results within four days - other hospitals can take five to seven.
- Female physicians and surgeons: Many women prefer to work with a female doctor, and we have excellent female oncologists and breast surgeons who understand your needs.
- Clinical trials: We are one of the few systems approved in Illinois to offer Phase One through Phase Four cancer clinical trials. You may be a candidate for innovative breast cancer treatments and tests before they become available to the public.
- Cancer support services: Your comfort and well-being is of utmost importance to our team. Many of our infusion sites feature amenities such as heated robes and tranquil music. Other support services include:
- Dedicated nurse navigators: Our specially trained breast cancer navigators guide you through your entire treatment course as your personal point-of-contact.
- Beauty consultations: Feel confident about your appearance with bra fittings, wig consultations, make-up kits and emotional support.
- Counseling services: Enjoy access to nutritional, spiritual and financial counselors as well as support groups.
Take Charge of Your Breast Health—See a Specialist Near You
Presence Health offers comprehensive breast cancer care centers throughout Illinois. Explore a convenient location below, or call 877.737.4636 and we’ll point you to the right place:
For your transition out of the hospital and recovery, learn more about the Presence Life Connections nursing and rehabilitation centers and Presence Home Care options near you.