The Presence Resurrection Medical Center Transitional Year Residency Program participates in the National Residency Match Program. We only accept application through ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service).
We are approved for 14 positions yearly. We start accepting applications when ERAS opens and end on November 30. All applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis. While your application does not need to be complete to be reviewed it must be complete before an interview will be granted. Interviews are by appointment only, and are scheduled only after the receipt of the complete ERAS application.
- A complete application via ERAS (Electronic Residency Application System)
- Three letters of recommendation
- A personal statement with your specialty listed
- USMLE or COMLEX transcripts
We accept all passing USMLE or COMLEX scores and we do not have any minimum requirements regarding years from graduation, US clinical experience or number of attempts. We do accept international medical graduates; however, we do not sponsor any Visas.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you accept IMGs?
Yes, all international medical graduates must have a valid ECFMG certificate before they will be considered for an interview.
- Do you sponsor any visas?
No, all candidates must have citizenship, permanent visa, or renewable work authorization. We are unable to sponsor H or J visas.
- When is your deadline?
Our deadline is November 30
- What is the start date for your program?
Our start date is June 23. Orientation usually starts one week earlier.
- Do you accept applications outside of the match?
No, we only accept applications through ERAS.
- Do you require US clinical experience?
- How many interviews do you grant?
- When do you start reviewing applications and granting interviews?
We start reviewing applications when ERAS opens and we start interviewing in October and end in December
- Do I need to wait until my application is complete before submitting it to ERAS?
No, we will begin reviewing all downloaded applications but we will not issue an invitation to interview unless the application is complete.
- When is the best time to submit my application?
All applications are reviewed but interview slots do fill up quickly.
- Do you accept applications from DOs?
- Do DOs have to take the USMLEs?
No. We except COMLEX scores as well.
- If I match as a Transitional Year Resident at Presence Resurrection Medical Center, when does orientation start?
Orientation generally starts around June 15th.
Gary Fahrenbach, M.D. or Karen Dwulat
Presence Resurrection Medical Center
Transitional Year Program
7435 West Talcott Avenue
Chicago, IL 60631
View a sample resident contract.