What are the program requirements?
- Must have completed an AOA approved residency program in one of the following disciplines: internal medicine, family medicine, neurology, or physical medicine & rehabilitation, radiation oncology and emergency medicine.
- Board-eligible or certified in the primary discipline with intent to complete certification
- Must obtain Illinois Medical License and DEA certification (by the start of the fellowship)
- Three recommendation letters, including one from the Program Director or Department Chair, that should be addressed directly to our Program Director. Letters should indicate that the applicant is personally known to the letter writer, and should include an assessment of medical knowledge and clinical skills.
- Personal statement reflecting commitment to hospice and palliative medicine
- COMLEX/USMLE passing score requirement, with copies provided
When are applications due?
While our program does accept applications through email we encourage applicants to apply through ERAS. ERAS typically opens in Mid-July and continues to accept applications until our program fills all of our positions for the following year. It is highly encouraged that all applicants apply by early November.
Do you sponsor J1 visas?
Do you sponsor H1B1 Visas?
Do you accept foreign medical graduates?
Is this an accredited program?
Yes. AOA and pre-ACGME accredited.
Does your program participate in the "Match" process?
Do you provide housing?
For further questions, contact us.