We offer a generous salary and benefits package that includes flexible vacation and meeting time. Stipends are reviewed annually and are standardized across Presence Health. Rates for the 2018-19 academic year appear below.
In addition, the program offers the following benefits:
- Three Weeks Annual Paid Vacation Each Year. Residents generally take vacations in one week blocks, but the schedule allows for up to 16 consecutive days away if bridged across consecutive rotations. In addition, PGY-2 and PGY-3 residents make take one week professional leave to attend a medical conference. The program provides a $500 stipend for this purpose.
- Malpractice Insurance with Tail Coverage. Medical malpractice insurance is available for all activities related to residency education.
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance. Residents may choose either an HMO or PPO plan for themselves at no additional cost. Family plans are available with modest payroll deductions.
- The program offers ACLS, NRP, BLS, and ALSO training to all residents at no charge.
- The hospital provides free parking to all residents while on duty.
- Meal cards are provided to all residents covering all cafeteria purchases.
- Residents receive three (3) laboratory coats at the beginning of their first year, two (2) coats at the beginning of their second year, and one (1) coat at the beginning of their third year of training. Scrubs are also provided as needed for core inpatient rotations.
- Up-to-Date Subscriptions. The hospital provides access to Up-To-Date for all residents.
- Computer Access. Residents have unlimited online medical library access at both campus locations. Through the program's affiliation with the University of Illinois College of Medicine, residents may also access the considerable online (and library collections) of the university. The medical center has an on-site hospital library and medical librarian.