We make getting your annual mammogram easy.
Early detection is your best defense against breast cancer. The American Cancer Society recommends annual screening mammograms for all women age 40 and older.
Get accurate and quick results using digital mammography, the most advanced technology for early detection of breast cancer. A digital screening mammogram often takes less than 20 minutes. And we offer convenient appointments, including Saturdays and Sundays, plus free parking all day, every day.
Mammograms at Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth: Why Choose Us
- We offer the most comprehensive breast health services in the area. Plus, our physicians are top in their field and speak many languages.
- We provide state-of-the-art imaging services promoting breast health in a comfortable setting.
- We offer advanced digital mammography and diagnostic services, as well as superior breast cancer treatment.
- Our Breast Imaging Department is accredited by the American College of Radiology and staffed by registered mammographers.
- Our dedicated radiologists are board-certified.
Breast Imaging Services at Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth
- Mammography: A low-dose breast X-ray that identifies abnormalities and aids in the diagnosis of breast diseases in women. Mammography plays a central part in the early detection of cancer because it can show changes in the breast up to two years before they can be felt.
- Routine screening mammography should be obtained annually beginning at the age of 40.
- A diagnostic mammogram is for women who currently have a problem such as lump, new pain in the breast or nipple discharge, or patients who had an abnormality found at their last screening mammogram.
- Digital mammography: An advanced imaging technology noted for its ability to emphasize contrasts and identify abnormalities that may not be as visible on traditional film mammography. It can be particularly beneficial for women with dense or thick breasts, women under age 50, and pre- and peri-menopausal women. Digital mammography benefits you in other ways as well, including:
- Less exposure to radiation: The radiation dose can be reduced up to 50% with digital mammography and still detect breast cancer.
- Reduced exam time: This results in shorter examination times and significantly improved patient comfort and convenience.
- CAD- a built-in "second opinion": Digital mammography is used in conjunction with a computer-aided detection system - often referred to as a second opinion - that identifies potential concerns even before the radiologist views the results.
- Digital images are easily stored and quickly retrieved: Transmission of images from one physician to another is fast and easy.
- Stereotactic breast biopsy: When a biopsy is needed, stereotactic core breast biopsy is an accurate, minimally invasive way to retrieve questionable tissue. Digital spot view mammography allows for faster and more accurate stereotactic biopsies. Using the visual coordinates taken from a mammogram, a computer guides the biopsy needle to the precise location and collects several samples. The examination requires only local anesthesia. In many instances, stereotactic breast biopsies avoid the need for surgery
Convenient mammography appointments are available Monday through Saturday. Call 877.737.4636 for more information or 312.770.3006 to schedule an appointment.