355 Ridge Avenue
Evanston, IL 60202
At Presence Saint Francis Hospital, we’ve tailored every aspect of our award-winning cancer program to address all of your needs—body, mind and soul. We provide the same advanced cancer treatment as a university medical center, but with the personal touch that only a community hospital can provide.
Here, you’ll get more time with your physicians, faster service and concierge-level care that meets your unique needs. That means not only less travel and hassle for you and your family, but also a higher level of treatment and greater peace of mind.
Why Choose Our Cancer Center?
Our patients give us a 100 percent satisfaction rating because we take the time to get to know you while providing expert care. Our highly skilled oncologists use advanced technology, a collaborative approach and holistic methods, offering you the best possible outcome.
Our comprehensive cancer program features:
- Recognized excellence:
- Accreditation with commendation by the American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer
- Breast Imaging Center of Excellence designation from the American College of Radiology
- Accreditation of our medical residency programs from the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
- Regional program for seamless access throughout Chicagoland: You can access our full range of cancer services and specialists with locations in:
- Whole-patient care: With one of the strongest multidisciplinary treatment programs in the Chicago area, we go beyond conventional cancer treatment with support services, including:
- Nutritional assistance with a dedicated registered dietitian
- Oncology care coordinator to arrange your treatment services
- Social work to help find financial assistance, housecleaning, transportation and other support
- Complementary and alternative treatments, including yoga, acupuncture and massage therapy at the Zaccone Center for Holistic Healing at Presence Saint Joseph Hospital
- Psychological support
- Religious services
- Support groups
- New infusion suites: In 2015, we remodeled our patient infusion suites for more privacy and comfort, including free refreshments. We offer infusion centers in three convenient locations: here, at Presence Saint Joseph and at our new Skokie location.
- Meet our experts:
- Adi Gidron, MD earned his medical degree from Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine. He completed his residency in internal medicine and a fellowship in hematology/oncology from McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University. Dr. Gidron is board certified in hematology/oncology, and internal medicine and is on the medical staff at Presence Saint Francis Hospital, Presence Saint Joseph Hospital - Chicago and other community hospitals. He is a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology. Dr. Gidron is fluent in both English and Hebrew.
- Dennis L. Galinsky, MD earned his medical degree from University of Iowa Roy J. and Lucille Carver College of Medicine. He completed his residency and the University of Arizona College of Medicine and University of Minnesota School of Medicine. He is board certified in Therapeutic Radiology.
- Ira Oliff, MD is an experienced oncologist and hematologist who earned his medical degree from Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine. He completed his residency in internal medicine and a fellowship in hematology-oncology from Harvard Medical School, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. Dr. Oliff is board certified in hematology, oncology, and internal medicine and is on the medical staff at Presence Saint Francis Hospital, Presence Saint Joseph Hospital and other community hospitals. He is a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology. His clinical interests include the treatment of malignant and benign blood disorders.
- Andrew Walker, MD is a radiation oncologist who earned his medical degree from Rush University Medical College. He completed his residency at Rush University Medical Center, and completed a transitional year residency program at MacNeal Hospital.
Cancer Services at Presence Health
We provide everything you need to win the fight against cancer. Some of our specialties include:
- Advanced cancer diagnosis: We offer an award-winning breast imaging facility and technologies, including a 64-slice CT scanner and advanced MRI and PET/CT scanning.
- Advanced treatments: Our physicians treat cancer with radiofrequency ablation, interventional radiology, chemotherapy, minimally invasive surgery and a Varian linear accelerator system for advanced radiation therapy.
- Care for many cancers: Our medical and radiation oncologists, oncology-certified nurses and their teams treat a variety of cancers, including:
- Groundbreaking clinical trials: We offer access to more than 30 cancer clinical trials through our regional program with Presence Saint Joseph and our new center in Skokie.
- Genetic testing: Depending on your personal and family medical history, genetic testing can show whether you have an increased risk for certain cancers.
- Rehabilitation and survivorship: Our programs and services include:
- Inpatient and outpatient STAR-certified (Survivorship Training and Rehab) rehabilitation services including physical, occupational and speech-language therapy
- Complementary and alternative therapies
- Pain management
- Support groups
- Seamless transitions to home care and nursing and rehabilitation centers through Presence Life Connections
- Our results speak for themselves:
Newly Remodeled Radiation Department
In early 2016, we finished remodeling our state-of-the-art facilities, which now include a new linear accelerator. The new equipment offers more precise radiation therapy with technologies that conform radiation beams to the shape of cancer tumors. That means more effective radiation treatment with less damage to nearby healthy tissue and fewer side effects.
The new linear accelerator adds these advanced technologies:
- Improved IMRT (intensity-modulated radiation therapy)
- IGRT (image-guided radiation therapy)
- Rapid Arc, a volumetric-modulated arc therapy also known as VMAT
Take Charge of Your Health—See a Cancer Specialist Today
Presence Saint Francis Hospital is conveniently located at:
355 Ridge Avenue
Evanston, IL 60202
For more information or cancer care here or at one of our regional locations, or to make your appointment with a skilled Presence Health oncologist, call 847.316.6104.