- 1 cup softened butter
- 3 tablespoons real maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- ½ teaspoon maple extract
- 1 ½ cups chopped pecans
- Beat butter for 3 minutes or until creamy
- Beat in sugar gradually and add syrup, egg yolk and extracts and beat well.
- Stir in flour and pecans.
- Divide dough in half and shap into logs 2 inches in diameter.
- Wrap in plastic wrap or parchment and refrigerate until firm.
- Cut logs into ½ inch thick rounds, arrange on greased cookie sheets and bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
© 2019 Presence Health
18927 Hickory Creek Drive, Suite 300, Mokena IL 60448