At Presence Holy Family Medical Center, we offer comprehensive, outpatient cancer diagnostic services with concierge-level amenities for our Des Plaines and Mt. Prospect communities. Here, you’ll receive personalized care and specialized expertise to connect you with top cancer treatment programs.
We are also the only Long-term Acute Care Hospital (LTACH) in northwest Chicagoland. That means we provide specialized care to critically ill patients with complex conditions who need hospitalization for an extended period.
Why Choose Our Cancer Center?
We offer advanced cancer diagnostic services and screenings in a setting designed with your comfort in mind. Our cancer services include:
- Advanced outpatient imaging services: We offer the latest technologies and techniques to diagnose the full range of cancers. Options include:
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI): A powerful and advanced diagnostic tool that combines magnetic fields and radio waves with computer technology to create minutely detailed two- and three-dimensional images
- Computerized tomography (CT): CT scans use X-rays and a computer to visualize the body to produce two- and three-dimensional images
- Ultrasound: High-frequency sound waves are passed through the body and reflected back to produce an image.
- Tomography (SPECT): The Siemens E-cam Signature available at Holy Family is ideal for the early detection and staging of cancer, offering high definition nuclear imaging that enhances your comfort and accommodates all body types.
- Mammography: We offer this valuable diagnostic tool on a walk-in basis in our Women's Imaging Center.
- Comprehensive outpatient diagnostic procedures: We diagnose all types of cancer with procedures that include:
- High-definition endoscopies: We are among the first to use the Evis Exera II technology to help diagnose colon cancer. This is a more accurate system that also shortens your procedure time.
- Stereotactic core breast biopsies: A minimally invasive procedure using a computer-guided biopsy needle that is more accurate, less costly and requires only a local anesthetic.
- Fine Needle Aspiration (FNA): A diagnostic procedure used to investigate superficial lumps or masses and drain cysts located in the breasts.
- Ultrasound-guided biopsies: A less invasive procedure that can help make a highly accurate diagnosis of a breast abnormality without the need for an open surgery.
- Concierge-level care: We provide a patient navigator who will work directly with you throughout your testing to answer questions and coordinate appointments, insurance and transfers. We also offer special amenities at our Women’s Imaging Center, including heated robes, tranquil music, water fountains and free refreshments.
- Experienced staff: Each staff member has more than 20 years of experience, including our surgeons, nurses and board-certified radiologists.
- Shorter wait times: We offer walk-in mammograms and same-day surgery, as well as easy scheduling with early morning, evening and weekend hours. We have some of the fastest results timing in the nation, often delivering within 48 hours.
- Seamless access: Our patients can access the full range of cancer services and specialists in convenient Presence Health locations throughout Illinois. Learn more about our comprehensive cancer care.
- Beautiful facilities: Our newly remodeled GI Lab and our Women’s Imaging Center both offer a warm, comforting atmosphere to ease anxiety and bring more privacy to you and your family.
- Care-A-Van shuttle services: Our transportation services can help you get to and from your non-emergency medical appointments quickly and easily. Care-A-Van offers a flexible schedule, Monday through Friday.
Take Charge of Your Health—See a Cancer Specialist Today
Presence Holy Family Medical Center is conveniently located at:
100 North River Road
Des Plaines, IL 60016
For more information, or to make your appointment with a skilled Presence Health oncologist, call 877.737.4636.