Ready for your annual mammogram? We’re here for you.
The Women's Imaging Center at Presence Holy Family Medical Center offers you the perfect combination of advanced technology, convenience, personal care and attention. Screening mammograms are your best line of defense against breast cancer and are recommended for all women age 40 and older. We’re here to make having your annual mammogram as easy as possible.
Mammograms at Presence Holy Family. Why Choose Us
- The Women's Imaging Center has been awarded the Gold Seal of Accreditation and designated a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology.
- On-site dedicated board-certified radiologists.
- A patient navigator to answer your questions, connect you to resources and guide you through the sometimes complex healthcare system.
- Easy scheduling with same and next day appointments, early morning, evening and weekend hours.
- Prompt results and follow-up information for patients who receive diagnostic mammograms.
- Additional services, such as DEXA bone density scans, ultrasound and more
- Transportation may be available to and from appointments with our Care-A-Van service.
Women's Imaging Center Services at Presence Holy Family
- All digital mammography with CAD (computer-aided detection): Used on patients experiencing breast problems, like a lump or nipple discharge, to create immediate images and manipulate them for better evaluation.
- Screening and diagnostic mammography: A low-dose breast X-ray that identifies abnormalities and aids in the diagnosis of breast diseases in women. Mammography plays a central part in the early detection of cancer because it can show changes in the breast up to two years before they can be felt.
- Routine screening mammography should be obtained annually beginning at the age of 40.
- A diagnostic mammogram is for women who currently have a problem such as lump, new pain in the breast or nipple discharge, or patients who had an abnormality found at their last screening mammogram.
- Breast ultrasounds: Deliver superb image quality with uniformity and high resolution to enhance detection and aid in diagnosis.
- Ultrasound-guided automated vacuum assisted biopsy: A less invasive procedure that can help make a highly accurate diagnosis of a breast abnormality without the need for an open surgery.
- Stereotactic core breast biopsy: An accurate, minimally invasive procedure to extract questionable tissue. Using X-rays, a computer guides the biopsy needle to the precise location and collects several samples. More accurate and less costly than traditional techniques, stereotactic core breast biopsy requires only a local anesthetic.
- Breast MRI with CAD: Uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create a composite, 3-D image of the breast to provide detailed images of hard-to-detect areas. Breast MRI is more commonly used in addition to a mammogram or other breast-imaging test.
- Fine needle aspiration: A diagnostic procedure used to investigate superficial lumps or masses, as well as drain cysts located in the breasts.
- Bone mineral density test: An accurate, painless, non-invasive test to diagnose osteoporosis and determine risk of fracture. DEXA scanning of the spine and hip is used to screen and monitor for osteoporosis.
We’re here to help. To schedule your mammogram, call 847.813.3273.