Thank you for supporting Presence Health in our efforts to offer the experience with visuals arts to resident of Heritage Village and community at large. Proposals for exhibitions are carefully reviewed by the Gallery Director and administrative staff at Heritage Village. Proposals will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Is it soothing, engaging, educational, uplifting and visually appealing?
- Could it be seen as confusing, scary or inappropriate?
- Will it be appreciated by all age levels?
- Is there funding to frame and/or display the piece properly?
- Does it fit into an existing art theme and goals for the art program?
ARTWORK AND DISPLAY REQUIREMENTS
- Artwork cannot exceed 45” in height or project off the wall more than 6”. Any potential exceptions must be reviewed by the Gallery Director prior to selection.
- All artwork must be framed properly or able to be hung from the hanging system using hooks or clips.
- Displays and artwork must be child safe and appropriate for a high traffic community
space (i.e. no sharp edges, secure hardware, and durable).
- Displays and artwork must meet all state and federal building, fire, life safety and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) codes. The Gallery Director will advise the artist of any concerns as needed.
- There should be little or no maintenance requirements.
If you would like your artwork to be considered for use at the Gretchen Charlton Art Gallery, please send a complete exhibition proposal including artist statement, CV, and images:
Attn: Victoria Strole, Gretchen Charlton Art Gallery Director
901 North Entrance Avenue
Kankakee, IL 60901
For more information about supporting the art programs at Heritage Village please call 815.939.4506 ext. 252