At Presence Health, we’re here to get you the answers you need, so you can focus on getting better. We schedule tests quickly and get your results back just as fast, so you can get treatment you need when it counts.
Heart Disease Diagnosis at Presence Health: Why Choose Us
We offer comprehensive diagnostic services at some of the best hospitals in Illinois and the entire country. Our diagnostic programs also include:
- Advanced diagnostic testing: We were one of the first in the Chicago area to introduce 64-slice computed tomography (CT) scanners, advanced imaging tools powerful enough to capture detailed images of the heart and surrounding tissues. We also utilize the SOMATOM Definition AS CT Scanner, the first CT scanner in the world that adapts to any patient no matter their size. It performs an entire body scan, from head to toe, in 10 seconds.
- The Fox River Valley’s only hybrid cardiac catheterization lab: Our hybrid cardiac cath lab combines all the capabilities of a cath lab and surgical suite in order to diagnose and treat critically ill patients at rapid speeds.
- State-of-the-art diagnostic facilities: Our diagnostic facilities include nationally accredited echocardiography labs and brand new cardiac catheterizations labs. Many of our labs were among the first in the area, providing our specialists, technicians and nurses invaluable experience in using these facilities to the fullest.
- Rapid emergency diagnoses: Our hospitals are among just 6 percent of hospitals nationwide that have a nationally accredited Chest Pain Center. We provide rapid, accurate patient evaluations and superior outcomes in patients experiencing heart attacks. Learn more about our heart attack care at Presence Health.
- Fast, convenient appointments: We schedule tests quickly and return the results in an equally timely manner at 11 convenient locations throughout Illinois.
- Software that communicates with patients in their own language: No matter what language you speak, we offer safe, accurate diagnostic procedures, including cardiac CT scans equipped with software that allow technologists to give instructions to patients in English, Spanish, Polish or Ukrainian.
Heart Diagnosis Services at Presence Health
We offer the full range of advanced heart diagnostic tools and techniques to get you answers fast and accurately. Our comprehensive heart diagnosis services include:
- Regular screenings and prevention programs: Includes the Presence Heart Scan, a preventative diagnostic screening that finds and measures plaques that may lead to blockages within the heart
- Echocardiograms (ECHOs): Creates a moving picture of the heart using sound waves to determine valve problems and other abnormalities that limit the heart’s effectiveness
- Transesophageal echo (TEE) test: Threads an electronic device into the esophagus that provides a clear image of the heart, especially the back portions
- Stress tests: Measure the heart's fitness and tolerance for exercise
- Pharmacological stress testing: Uses medicine to assess heart function under physical stress
- Electrocardiograms (EKGs): Record the heart's electrical activity and provide information about the heart's function and structure
- 24-hour Holter monitoring: Records heartbeats for a 24-hour period to identify problems that might not show up during a shorter timeframe
- Trans-telephonic monitoring: Captures and records heart events when they occur
- Traditional angiogram/cardiac catheterization: Uses a catheter and X-rays to find narrow, blocked, enlarged, or malformed arteries in the heart
- Innova® digital angiography: Innovative, new heart imaging tool used to diagnose and treat heart conditions faster and more comfortably
- Cardiac MRI: Allows us to study the heart with MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) angiography
- Cardiac CT: Noninvasive heart imaging test using X-rays and computerized analyses to determine whether plaque has built up in the coronary arteries
- 3D Mapping: Provides precise computer-generated models of the electrical systems of the heart
- Nuclear imaging: Uses safely administered radioactive materials to evaluate heart function
- Electrophysiology (EP) studies: Heart rhythm tests
Learn more about our cardiovascular care at Presence Health.
Presence Health Heart Diagnosis Locations
We diagnose cardiovascular conditions at locations throughout Illinois. Learn more about the specific services we provide at the Presence Health hospital closest to you:
For your transition out of the hospital and recovery, learn more about the Presence Life Connections nursing and rehabilitation centers and Presence Home Care options nearest you.
To make an appointment or for more information, call 877.737.4636 (INFO).