At Presence Health, we’ll help you strengthen your heart as you recover from treatment. Our compassionate staff will work with you every step of the way to help you safely resume an active and productive life, while reducing your risk of further heart problems.
We offer eight conveniently located cardiac rehabilitation centers. Our comprehensive outpatient programs are tailored to your needs, and we also provide inpatient and homecare rehabilitation.
What is Cardiac Rehab?
Cardiac rehabilitation is a special program for people recovering from heart attacks, heart surgery and other heart disease treatments. Benefits include:
- Improvement in activity tolerance and exercise capacity
- Reduction in risk factors for heart disease
- Decrease in symptoms, including chest pain and shortness of breath
- Living longer
- Reducing stress
- Smoking cessation
- Diabetes control
- Eating healthy
- Help taking medications
Helping You Return to an Active, Productive Life
Our custom-tailored cardiac rehab programs are designed to help you heal and regain your independence. We offer both inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services that feature:
- Care plans tailored to your needs: We offer custom therapy and exercise sessions based on your strength, motivation, abilities, goals and lifestyle.
- High patient satisfaction: Eighty percent of our nursing and rehab centers have earned the highest scores possible — 4 and 5 stars — in the U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services quality rating system.
- Holistic care: Because each of us has needs that go beyond the physical, we complement medical therapies by offering emotional support and spiritual care through our chaplains and chapels.
- Cardiac rehab at your home: Our robust homecare program includes regular visits by nurses who monitor your heart, exercise and progress. Between visits, your cardiovascular nurse can remotely track your blood pressure and fluid intake using a sophisticated telemonitoring system.
- Comprehensive, experienced staff: We have more than 60 service locations and 3,660 associates trained to deliver top quality nursing and rehab care that meets your individual needs. Our care team includes cardiologists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, geriatricians and nurses specially trained in cardiovascular care.
- National accreditation from The Joint Commission: All our nursing and rehab centers are accredited by The Joint Commission, a commendation that reflects our commitment to meeting the highest national standards of care.
Inpatient Cardiac Rehab Services
Our hospital-based skilled nursing units are there for you when you have complex medical and rehabilitation therapy needs. We provide up to three hours of therapy daily depending on your individual needs and goals. Our inpatient cardiac rehab services include:
- Short and long-term rehabilitation
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Wound care
Learn more about our rehabilitation, skilled nursing care and homecare at Presence Health.
Outpatient Cardiac Rehab Services
Our outpatient program gives you the support and expertise you need to feel better sooner. We design your rehab plans to meet your individual needs and circumstances, all in a caring environment. Our three phases include:
- Phase 1: While you’re still in the hospital after heart surgery or another procedure, we evaluate your condition and prepare a detailed health assessment. We use the results to create a rehab program just for you and provide information about at-home care.
- Phase 2: After you leave the hospital, you can participate in our outpatient program, exercising with our cardiac rehabilitation staff and beginning an education program specific to your needs and interests.
- Phase 3: You’ll learn how to monitor your exercise program under professional supervision..
We also offer a range of home care services:
- Skilled nursing
- Therapy services
- Social workers
- Home health aides
Find Cardiac Rehabilitation Location Near You
We offer outpatient rehab centers throughout Illinois. Learn more about our Presence Life Connections rehabilitation program locations and about the specific services we provide at the Presence Health hospital closest to you: