At Presence Health, we want you to focus on getting well, not on paperwork. Our extensive cancer support services lift the burden of navigating the health care system, doctor appointments and treatment options. Many of our centers offer the support of a dedicated cancer navigator to see through every phase of care—from your first appointment through recovery and back to the life you love.
Extra Care and Comfort, Every Step of the Way
Our personalized services set us apart from other cancer facilities. We are here to help you navigate the cancer care process so you always know what to expect. Our support programs aim to keep you as comfortable and empowered as possible, with features that include:
- Award-winning nursing: Our highly qualified oncology nurses are recognized for exceptional care and have won the DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nurses.
- An integrated approach: In addition to expert physicians, we collaborate with other professionals, such as dieticians, physical therapists and counselors, to tailor your treatment plan to your unique needs.
- Seamless after-hospital care: If you need more help at home, extra therapy or nursing care, Presence Life Connections nursing and rehabilitation centers and Presence Home Care can help you recover.
- Holistic healing options: We treat minds, bodies and souls and can connect you to spiritual care, emotional support services, family counseling and support groups. We also offer complementary therapies like acupuncture, massage and yoga.
Patient Navigators: Personalized Support to See You Through
The job of a cancer navigator goes beyond helping you schedule your next appointment. Your navigator is your personal guide through your cancer experience, ready to answer any question and provide comfort and reassurance. He or she can help you and your family with:
- Explaining your diagnosis
- Transportation to and from appointments
- Translation for non-English speakers
- Medical record-keeping
- Insurance management
- Faster scheduling for radiation, chemotherapy and/or surgery
- Family member and caregiver support
- Pain management
- Emotional support
- Resources for wig fittings and prosthetics
- Advice and tips on managing treatment side effects
Take Charge of Your Health—Find a Cancer Care Center Near You
We offer nationally recognized cancer care centers and support programs throughout Illinois. Explore a convenient location below, or call 877.737.4636 and we’ll point you to the right place: